Translate

Saturday, January 09, 2010

WILTSHIRE VISIT- Avebury & Stonehenge














































This was a short visit to Wiltshire, on way to Cornwall in July 2009.
The visits Included Avebury village & Stone Circle and then Stonehenge.
I found Avebury the most Interesting of the two places.
The RedLion Inn was a lovely thatched Inn which has a few paranormal stories connected with it. Then opposite is the Avebury Stone Circle, a must see if you are in that vacinity.
These stones also have a few stories of the supernatural connected with them.
The village is also very scenic with the church & thatched cottahes nearby.
Later on I drove to Stonehenge to see the Stones for the first time.
They appeared actually much smaller than I had imagined them to be, but I'm glad I saw them.
Also I had expected to be seeing them much further away than I did, but you're really quite close to them, without being able to touch them. As always there were a lot of tourists there.
But taking photos was not a problem at all.

No comments: