Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

OXFORD Visit













My first visit to the city of the "Dreaming Spires" and one I found very interesting too.
Wandering around the streets you cannot help but think of programmes such as "Inspector Morse" as Oxford was the location for that series, together with the current "Lewis" detective series, it was easy to see how such a city inspires a writer such as Colin Dexter to make it come alive in that way. Although I did not witness any murders or crimes, it was still a wonderful place to get so many photographs. Almost every view was a potential photo. Very much like Cambridge, but possibly more "built up" was my impression.
I love the honey coloured buildings of oxfordshire and indeed into the cotswolds too.
Maybe it is the character of the individual buildings which I like, as opposed to the usual city centres we often see today, which have no style and in most cases you could literally be stood in the same place, as they look so similar. So to visit a city like Oxford is often like a breath of fresh air in terms of "scenic architecture".

No comments: