Translate

Monday, January 28, 2008

CORNWALL: July 2007














































Another Holiday In Cornwall and more places visited.
This time I Included a couple I had not visited before, such as Fowey and Charlestown and also the Minack Theatre, a theatre built on the side of the Cliffs at Porthcurno. The seats are stepped down, as if carved Into the slope of the Cliffs. You must be prepared though for any weather conditions, as it is very rare for a performance to be cancelled.
Charlestown has a Maritime museum which Includes shipwrecks. Very Interesting Indeed.
Also has a harbourside with an old Tall Ship in dock too (Photo above).
My usual places were visited too, including Boscastle...though thankfully no Flooding on this visit!, as was the case In 2004 on that fateful day when I was there and left just before it occured. The weather was not brilliant during this holiday, but at least it was fine during the daytime hours. I stayed again In Bodmin at my favourite B&B "Trebray House", with Diane & Brian as the resident hosts.
Other places I Included on my visits were, Tintagel, Padstow, St Ives, Mousehole Village, Port Issac and Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor. There are still plenty more locations In Cornwall I hope to visit In the future too.

No comments: